PHP/MySQL dependency problems

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Jun 25 16:19:54 UTC 2004

hari sirigibathina <harikaforredhat at yahoo.com> wrote:

 > Hi All,
 > Iam a new bee in our mailing list and feel very happy to associate
 > with Uall. I was following the knowledge share and proud Iam
 > benefitting.
 > I have  query w.r.t mysql and php installation.
 > 1.When I was installing php-mysql rpm I was thrown dependency error
 > and when I was trying to install using options"--aid and--force" also
 > didnot solve installation.What is the solution?
 > 2.what is the daemon to be started after installing the above ?
 > thanks in advance,

First off, NEVER reply to a digest message and don't quote the whole
thing if you do.  If you want to ask a new question, post a FRESH
message to redhat-install-list at redhat.com with an appropriate subject
line.  What you did was called "thread hijacking" and is considered bad
netiquette.  I've fixed it by posting a fresh message with a correct
header line.  See http://www.rhil.net/docs/rhil-guide.html for more
information.

To answer your questions:

1.You must have the Apache, PHP and mysql-client RPMs installed before
you install the php-mysql RPM.  Without a list of what RPMs failed to
install or the error messages that you got, we can't be more specific.

In general, look at the errors and install the RPMs that the php-mysql
RPM said it needed, then try the php-mysql RPM.

2. It's not clear what you are trying to do.  Since PHP can be
integrated into Apache as a CGI language AND cand be run as a stand
alone language as well, you'll have to be more specific.  If you want to
run it as a CGI under Apache, simply start apache:

	service httpd start
-          Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.           -