httpd cgi in /home

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Fri Jun 25 17:01:14 UTC 2004

> Did you put "ScriptAlias" lines in the virtual host entries in your
> Apache httpd.conf file?  If you don't, then the only directory that you
> can put executables in is <DocumentRoot>/cgi-bin.  You must also include
> "AddHandler" lines for the file extensions you intend to use in
> httpd.conf.

This must have changed? I'll put ScriptAlias in and check AddHandler for
.sh, but I did put the script in /var/www/cgi-bin and changed the name to
.cgi and it still didn't work. I'm wondering if it is only executing one
cgi, which in the HTML file in question there are 2, the first one being a
hit counter.

Karl