Two versions of php installed! How can I fix it?

Leila Lappin damovand at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 03:00:29 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

I know this list is mostly for the installation of the
operating system, but please help me figure this out
if you can.   When I do rpm –q php I get two versions
listed:
            php-4.2.2-17 and php-4.2.2-17.2

I think this is giving me a problem when I try to use
php with mysql because I have only one version of the
php-mysql installed and that is php-mysql-4.2.2-17

I get an error 'Call to undefined function:
mysql_connect()'.

I also did phpinfo();  and confirmed that I am using
php version 4.2.2 with apache 2.0 and I have
–with-mysql=shared,/usr set.  Eliminating all the
obvious problems, if I use my layman’s deduction, I
would say the problem is that I am picking up
php-4.2.2-17.2 libraries with php-mysql-4.2.2-17 and
because they are two different versions (php 17.2 and
mysql 17)I get the errors.  If I'm correct how should
I fix this? Could someone please help?

Thank you so very much in advance.