Web server install procedure

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Mar 4 17:51:22 UTC 2004

Rick Baranowski wrote:
> Not sure if this is the correct list or not but, I am looking for some
> docs or an install script to do a web server install only for ver 7.3. I
> just need to limit the install to following components.
>
> Apache
> Wu-ftp
> PHP
> Perl
> DNS
> Mysql
> Sendmail
> Pop3
> Webmin
> Webilizer
>
> I have tried to run the install but when I start taking out packages to
> cut down the install. I start getting dependences failures.

There are a number of dependency issues that really aren't germain to
getting the packages up and running.  Because Red Hat builds the various
packages with lots of features enabled, the dependency list grows and
grows.  My suggestion is to install a minimal system and build the stuff
you want from source code tarballs.  You can build a shell script that
does all the builds you need.
-                    I doubt, therefore I might be.                  -