Kernel Panic in RH 7.2

bbb at it.net.au bbb at it.net.au
Mon Mar 8 06:23:33 UTC 2004

   1. Re: Kernel Panic in RH 7.2
(=?iso-8859-1?q?Manuel=20Ar=F3stegui=20Ramirez?=)

--__--__--

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 10:16:34 +0100 (CET)
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Manuel=20Ar=F3stegui=20Ramirez?= <manuaroste at yahoo.es>
Subject: Re: Kernel Panic in RH 7.2
To: redhat-install-list at redhat.com

 --- bbb at it.net.au escribió: > Hello there!

> I have two hard disks installed, on one sits Win 98.
> I am attempting to
> install RH on the second disk. Both disks work well
> and I can find no
> problem any where in the system.
>
> After stepping through the installation process, I
> successfully partition
> the second hard disk, select LiLo to be in the MBR
> and select packages to
> install. The process then attempts to format the
> partitions, starting with
> hdb4. I then get  a screenful of error messages
> finishing with
>
> "Kernel Panic. Interupt handler not syncing"
>
> Occassionally I am provided with a "this is likely
> to be a bug" message and
> have attached the dump.
>
> I don't see how this can be a bug, as I have
> succesfully installed RH 7.2
> and 9 on this system before.
>
> Any help?
>
> Cheers
> Barry
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
			Cut

Try to desactivate your acpi or your local acpi.

Are you sure that you haven't got any bad sector on
your hard disk?

Manuel Aróstegui Linux user 200896

As far as I can be. I have reformatted both disks (under Windows) and run
Scandisk. No errors are reported.

1) thanks for tidying up my garbaged post
2) How do I desactivate the acpi or local acpi ?

Cheers