Apache mod_ssl on RH9

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Mar 8 18:36:36 UTC 2004

roger at audiblefaith.com wrote:
> I installed RH9 with mod_ssl and Apache. I am going throught he
> configuration to get SSL working and, well, it's not. I follow the docs in
> chap 20 of the customization guide:
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/ch-httpd
> -secure-server.html
>
> I get to the "Testing the certificate" part. I am using a self signed cert
> for now to test things. I've generated the certs and the keys. If I go to
> https either via IP, domain or anything for the server I just get a page
> cannot be displayed error. How do I go about troubleshooting this?
>
> Server's at:
> 24.5.16.209

Er, um, do you have the correct "Listen" and "Port" directives for the
SSL port?  Did you set up the "<VirtualHost>" directive correctly?  E.g.
"<Virtualhost whatever.your.name.is:443>"
-     If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...     -
-              ...oh, wait.  He does.  THAT explains it!             -