need some help abt playing mp3 file on linux

Dany Gates dany_gates_universal at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 13:06:04 UTC 2004

hi, i have installed red hat linux 9 on my pc and i am unable to play any
mp3 or video files on any of the players. I have tried playing mp3 on many
players but none is able to play them. First time i tried to play  mp3 it
gave me a message that mp3 and video files support has been removed from
linux red hat 9!!!
Is it true????  Can i not play mp3 or video files on linux any more??? Isn't
there any solution to this problem?? i have even tried XMMS player but no
positive result!!!
reply soon........