need some help abt app installation

Jay D play_that_funk at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 15:15:20 UTC 2004

Thanks for the note Chris.  Dany, I agree with Chris that rpms are easier to
install and less likely to have problems during installation.  I assumed
that this media player you were trying to install was only available as
"tarballs" (.tgz or tar.gz files) since you said you'd downloaded a tarball
to install from.  But if you can find rpm files to install from, that is
often better and easier, as Christ noted.  I couldn't find rpm's at the
snackamp website, but I did find some at the following link.

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/dag/packages/snackamp/