How to set the RH boot from a new disk?

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 16 15:39:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 01:21:02PM +0800, yanpeng wrote:
> redhat-install-list:
>
>     While the installation, the RH was set to boot from hda. I'd
> like to know,  to set the RH  boot from the new disk such as hdb,
> what to do on the lilo.conf and this new disk .
> 	Thanks.
>
> yanpeng
> yanpeng at mx.cei.gov.cn
> 2004-03-16

Have a look at The Fine Manual for all the good info on GRUB and LILO.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/ref-guide/ch-grub.html

Then tell us more about what's on hda and hdb.

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Forgive your enemies -- nothing annoys them more.