RedHat Linux installation stops with no error at a very earlystage.

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 15:35:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 01:56, Di Ar wrote:
> Thank you Mark and Bob for responding.
>
> I tried the options Mark mentioned and unfortunately it made no
> difference. I wasn't sure what option I had to use to force it to use
> ext2 file system or whether it is something that I have to opt for at
> a later stage than where it is stopping now.

I forgot to respond that as I understand your problem the ext2 thing
would be later. I don't think you've gotten that far before your system
dies.

Also, some folks have problems installing Redhat on machines with 1394
adapters. Not all machines have this problem, but it has come up. If
that might be an issue for you, then you might also try the nofirewire
option. (Check the wording. That's from memory.)