OT: unregistered OpenCube DHTML Effect

Chris Hewitt g0pae at manordat.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 20 15:01:55 UTC 2004

Rick Stevens wrote:

> Chris A Czerwinski wrote:
>
>> I know this is Off-Topic but ...
>>
>> When I visit a site and I get the following error dialog message

>> [JavaScript Application]
>>
>> ! Error-Unregistered OpenCube DHTML Effect - (www.opencube.com)

>> afterwhich I can't use their Drop-Down Selections from their Tabs
>>
>> What does this mean?
>>  Is it their WEB Site that hasn't registered their Java Utility
>> OpenCube?  or
>>  Is it my Mozilla 1.4.2 that needs a OpenCube plugin?
>>
>> I have j2sdk1.4.2 installed on my system with Mozilla Plugin
>>  libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
>>
>> /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_03/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so
>>

>> Web Site that I'm encountering this error is http://www.mastech.com/
>>
>> Any advice?
>

> I suspect it's the site.  They may be "optimized for Internet Explorer",
> in which case they should be roundly chastised and beaten about the
> head and shoulders repeatedly.
> -                He who laughs last thinks slowest.                  -

I get this too using Mozilla 1.4.1 as installed with FC1. Their site
does not warn of being "optimised for use with ....", so I've dropped
their PR enquiry email address a nice friendly email telling them of
their problem with their site. Suggest you do the same.

Its not you, its them!

Regards

Chris
PS I've just tried again using (cover your ears) IE 5 and the same thing
happens.