Compaq Proliant Storage System U2 and Kouwell adapters

Michael Ault mikerault at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 20:36:31 UTC 2004

If it had four connectors I would have done this
already. Unfortunately it only has two. I have looked
at the backplane and there are no shorting pins, no
connectors to enable the sharing. The disks will be
used through Oracle cluster services and ASM which
allows sharing because Oracle manages the locking
latching and IO using CRS and ASM services.

Looks like I may need a 2X4 scsi switch to allow
sharing 2 scsi arrays (one on each channel) with 4
systems.

Believe me, I have investigated the obvious and the
not so obvious before I posted...

Mike

=====
Michael R. Ault