radeon 7000 and an old mach64

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Mar 29 17:09:33 UTC 2004

tyche wrote:
> dont know if it can do any damage to the card or not, but i bought a new
> radeon today and forgot to change my x settings before stating x up.  the old
> one was a mach64gt. can i do damage running x without changing it?

Well, you won't get X, I don't think.  The mach driver probably won't
load at all and X will fail with "unable to find screen" or some such
message.

You can either a) boot into single user mode, or b) wait for X to
poop out.  Once you're in in a command prompt, run redhat-config-xfree86
to reconfigure X for your new card.
-         It is better to have loved and lost.  Cheaper, too!        -