System Commander 7 not working - any pure Linux alternatives?

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Tue Mar 30 00:01:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 15:17, Rick Stevens wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:

> Ohhhhhh!  The SCBSOD!  Lovely!

<HEHE!> Well a bit more like the SCBSOUWT... ;-)

(Unlimited Wait Time)

> You know, you can always fire up SC or PC from CD or floppy, so just
> using grub and keeping the others locked in a drawer (you know, "In case
> of emergency, open drawer) would simplify things a tad.  Unless, of
> course, you're the kind of chap that wears a belt AND suspenders...just
> in case.

Once SC7 is installed, can you actually run it from a CD instead of the
version that's in the MBR?

Hey, cool! It works. I didn't even know this CD was bootable. I do get
the partitioning screen this way. Maybe there's some life here after
all!

I'll say thanks before I try the resize and end up losing the whole
machine!  ;-) (Nothing on it except Pro Tools which I can reload if
necessary. I just got it Saturday.

No floppy in these silly laptops now! Must go buy a USB floppy drive I
guess. (At least I haven't found the floppy.....they hide things on
these machines like those Japanese Transformer toys...) ;-)