want to get some primary queries answered!!

Dany Gates dany_gates_universal at hotmail.com
Sun May 2 12:49:58 UTC 2004

hi, i want to know that is it possible to build a OS like Windows (that is
with look and feel like Win) using Linux Kernel? If i build any such OS
using /on Linux Kernel at core , will that OS has to be Open Source? If yes
isn't there any way around it? I mean i have heard that Dynamic Linking
solve this problem! Ok so suggest me some links where i can get info for
building an OS on Linux Kernel (what do u think abt kernel 2.6 , is it
good?).

What i want to do is just use linux kernel from open - source and don't want
to make any changes to it  but build my OS around it, without modifying a
bit of kernel, so does that free me from making my OS non open-source??