Antivirus on Linux!

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed May 5 16:56:14 UTC 2004

Chris A Czerwinski wrote:
> and you omitted to say that the initial release only applies to the
> server platform/level

That's true.  Can you bottom-post in the future, Chris?  We'd appreciate
it.

> On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 02:11, Prakash wrote:
>
>>I remember there has been some traffic about antivirus on
>>linux.
>>Has anybody tried the LinuxShield(RC)antivirus on linux
>>from McAfee? This product is grat and supports many linux
>>distributions.

Very limited as it only supports certain releases and kernels.  I prefer
clamAV for general scanning and clamAV-milter for screening mail.  On
local delivery, I like Bogofilter for anti-spam, although spam-assassin
is good, too.
-    If Windows isn't a virus, then it sure as hell is a carrier!    -