Trouble configuring Red Hat Linux 7.2

Pedro Morales pmor82 at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 14:13:00 UTC 2004

--- Rick Stevens <rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:

> > Thanks so far guys, specially Rick, so guess final
> try
> > before I jsut stay with 7.2 and just stick to text
> > mode...
> >
> > I got the boot disk to work, when the FC1
> installation
> > starts it asks me for the Core files, I told it to
> > check on the cdrom, it couldn't find it, so I
> quitted
> > the installation and made a Fedora directory in my
> > /root, copied all the files from all 3 cd's in
> there,
> > tried to install again and selected that pathname
> for
> > the directory with the core files(/root/Fedora),
> still
> > couldn't find it, but then I noticed that it was
> > asking for the "image", so I'm wondering, have I
> been
> > doing everything wrong? should I have burned the
> image
> > itself into the cd and not open the image and burn
> > it's contents?
>
> You do not burn the contents OR the image.  An ISO
> image is an image of
> the CD.  It can be mounted just like the CD itself
> could.  Your software
> should have an option like "Create a CD from an ISO
> image", but since
> you haven't told us what software you're trying to
> use, we can't help
> more than telling you that.  Again, do not burn the
> .iso image as if
> it were a file and do not burn the contents of the
> .iso image, but
> find the option in your software to create the CD
> FROM an ISO image
> and use that.
>
> As far as the boot floppy is concerned, it is
> intended to be used with
> a system which either cannot boot CDs or doesn't
> have a CD drive.
> In the latter case, you can install from a network
> drive or another
> partition.  When you do that, the .iso files MUST be
> where you tell
> the installer to look and MUST be named
> appropriately, e.g.
> "yarrow-i386-disc1.iso" or whatever.  Each installer
> is different, so
> a network or foreign filesystem install using the
> RH9 installer will
> NOT work for a Fedora install--you must use the
> installer appropriate
> for your distribution.

Ok guys, FC1 is live and running in our classroom, we
did it on my computer first for testing, it
autodetected everything, and managed to discover how
to get my DHCP, DNS, Proxy and well, everything I
needed for my college LAN, I have to say I love the
security on Linux.

Now we have a new bump, we need to conect to our
server which is running Windows 2003 Server wich has a
MSCHAP V.2 encryption, couldn't find any option in
Linux (so far) that allows me to connect to a Windows
server using this encryption mode.

I found out in the internet that Linux needs a patch
to allow this, but I'm wondering, since FC1 is a
Project and it's newer, does FC1 has this option
somewhere or do I have to do it on text mode?