Evolution attachment file associations - how?

Ken Scott kens at geodax.com
Wed May 12 18:13:07 UTC 2004

I just upgraded to OpenOffice 1.1.0 on RH9 box (really wanted macros!).
The RH update only went up to Openoffice 1.0.2 so I had to use the
provided installer(non-RPM based).  It forced me to install into a
different directory because it said the language installed was different
from the new one (I use English exclusively so I don't know why it did
this).
Everything is fine except the Openoffice buttons on the desktop taskbar
continued to start the old version (I fixed this by changing the link to
call new version using 'soffice -calc'  instead of the old command
'oocalc').  Most troubling is the fact that spreadsheet attachments in
Evolution (I have 1.4.5) still start  the old veriosn of OpenOffice.
How can I straighten this out.  I saw no file association table in
Evolution and got no help looking in the in the Evolution Knowledge base
nor Linuxquestions.org.  Thanks in advance.
Ken