perlmagick

James Jones jam at gsu.edu
Wed May 19 17:12:16 UTC 2004

Apparently, perlmagick is NOT part of RH ES v.3. ImageMagick and
ImageMagick-c++ are. In fact they are version 5.5.6 (not v6.x). I've
tried everything to just manually compile this but I keep getting a

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [blib/arch/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.so] Error 1

Anybody know if this package is comming back? (ImageMagick-perl)

This is so frustrating as I rely on this package and this upgrade from
RH 9  to RH ES v3 has become a major downgrade with it's subset of
packages as compared to  RH 7,8 & 9. I can deal with the other stuff
missing but not this one. I'm desperate and I either need to get an RPM
or just get this to compile.

James Jones
Manager, Information Technology Services
GSU College of Law
jam at gsu.edu