mount error

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed May 19 19:01:22 UTC 2004

Bob McClure Jr wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 08:50:55AM -0700, Pedro Morales wrote:
>
>>--- Bob McClure Jr <robertmcclure at earthlink.net>
>>wrote:

>>><robertmcclure at earthlink.net>

>>>Pedro

>>>home,

>>>-ld

>>>not.

>>>I'd say there is something wrong with the way you
>>>burned the CD.  If
>>>you can mount any other CD without tears, then that
>>>is nearly
>>>certain.  You may find you need to burn at a slower
>>>rate.
>>
>>remade the cd with the slowest speed the burner could
>>give, and still the same problem, even tried a cdrom I
>>mounted before and it couldn't.
>

> Then your CD drive may be bad.

Or he's missing the "iso9660" filesystem module.  Pedro, run this
command:

	cat /etc/filesystems

and verify that "iso9660" is listed in there.  If not, somehow your
kernel doesn't have that built in.  Your kernel should have iso9660 and
ext2 built it...the others may be built in or done via modules located
in "/lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/fs"

> Cheers,

-    Overweight:  When you step on your dog's tail...and it dies.    -