LILO and Zone Alarm

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed May 26 00:56:01 UTC 2004

mylar wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 12:40, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>>Jo
>>
>>6.1?  That's over three years dead!  Why are you still running that?
>>

> And you _really_ should think about updating your Linux.  6.1 is
>
>>ancient, creaky, full of security holes and not supported anymore by
>>anyone.  Heck, it's still a 2.2 kernel even!  Fedora Core 2 is using
>>the 2.6 kernel.
>>------------------------
>>

> Believe it or not I still have an old 166 mhz machine still running
> Redhat 6.0!!! It's still used to provide backup on demand dialup service
> and dns service to a few machines on a home network. I've patched the
> heck out of it and firewalled it as best I can via ipchains. Dial on
> demand service is still provided by the "diald" daemon. It's an oldie
> but serves it's purpose.

And I have an Alpha machine with 5.2.  It's more historic than anything
else.  I love having to boot "milo" from a floppy to get it to run.

That and my MicroVAX II and MicroVAX 3100/10e running VAX/VMS.  Oh,
yeah!  Ancient technology!  Gotta love it!  (now, where did I put those
old 9-track tapes of mine...?)

Sheesh!  :-D
-      A day for firm decisions!!!   Well, then again, maybe not!    -