dns help

Alexey Fadyushin fab at s-tunnel.com
Sat May 29 18:18:17 UTC 2004

The most important file is 'named.conf' (I assume you are using BIND as
a DNS server). You will need to specify in it zones which will be served
by your DNS server, if any. If your server will be primary DNS server
for the zone, you will need to write files with zone information. That
information will be given by the server to its clients in reply to their
requests.

The information on the 'named.conf' contents could be found in its
manpage
(man named.conf). That manpage also contains samples of various parts of
the file.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com