Redhat-install-list Digest, Vol 9, Issue 8

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 15:13:42 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:58:02 +0900 (JST), Tapas Ranjan
<sarangi at bpost.kek.jp> wrote:

>     I couldn't find "alsasound" service in my box. I was searching for the
> "alsa1.0.6a" rpms, but couldn't get a proper source rpm to install. Could
> you please suggest where to get it and which rpms/srpms I need to instll.
> I am using 2.6.8-1.521 kernel on fedora 2. Thanks for the help.
>
>        ---Tapas

If you are new (or even old) to Alsa and if you are interested in
audio apps under Linux, then you should check out PlanetCCRMA:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

They have everything you need to make this work well on a RH9, FC1 or
FC2 box. This is the only way I both with sound under Redhat or
Fedora. (I hate RPM dependencies. The Planet solves all of that for
you with apt.)

Cheers,
Mark