Watch Out For LAN4u.info

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Nov 17 23:09:23 UTC 2004

Harold Hallikainen wrote:
> I'm seeing a few thousand ssh attempts from 67.100.182.75 using a variety
> of usernames, but mostly using root and having the password fail.

That's a Covad address (you know, DSL).  Note the times of the attacks
and contact Covad.  They can figure out who was using that IP at that
time and have the SOB booted.

If you want to talk about attacks, you should see the stuff we go
through.  Right now, there's two DOS attacks against us.  We had one of
our upstream guys put in a filter, which helped.  The other one is
really splattered.
-    If Windows isn't a virus, then it sure as hell is a carrier!    -