Installing nVidia for AMD64/EM64T cards

Michael Velez mikev777 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 18 23:14:55 UTC 2004

Rick,

I have checked the nvidia README file, which gave me leads on AGP and
searches for different monitors (which is the stuff I put in my last e-mail,
at the bottom).  I tried all that.  It didn't work.  I got rid of the EDID
warnings by putting an option to ignore.  I do properly load "glx" and not
"dri" nor"GLcore" as in the docs.  I've added the details in the config file
for my monitor.

The keyboard errors do occur when VESA is used and X starts properly.

The logfile looks good.  I even tried it with the verbose option of startx.
The graphics card is found.  There is a line specifying the card type NVS
280.  There is no error associated with the Nvidia card whatsoever.

The only thing I found was a:
NVIDIA: failed to set MTRR 0xC0000000, 256M (write-combining).

sent to standard OUTPUT (not log file) while in verbose mode.  I'll have to
do some research on this.

At this point, I've tried everything I have found in the nvidia doc and in
internet forums.  I'll look some more.  If I don't find anything, I'll have
to contact nvidia.

Who knows?  Maybe if I correct the keyboard issues, X will work (even though
the VESA driver has no problem with the errors being there).

Thanks for your help,
Michael