In trouble with Wireless installation - Dlink DWL-G510

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 01:09:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:58:55 -0800, Rick Stevens
<rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:
> <SNIP>
> >
> > However, I wonder if it's a shared interrupt problem or something like
> > that? It seems to be on IRQ9 with other things...
>
> Don't think so.  My Broadcom is on IRQ 11 with a lot of other items
> like my IDE and USB interfaces (and I'm using a USB mouse).  IRQ9 is
> usually the video refresh interrupt.

Yes - it shouldn't be a problem.

> > I don't know what to do. I'm now 6 hours into this...
>
> I don't know either, Mark.  What version of ndiswrapper are you using?

0.11. There is a 0.12 which is in testing. I could try it I suppose.
That's a plan.

> I'm using 0.8 on FC1 on my laptop, but I know there are later ones.
>
> BTW, I don't see that card listed in the ndiswrapper support.  The
> G520 is listed, but not the G510.  Have you looked at:
>
>         http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/
>
> for more info?

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/List

Search for DWL-G510. It's there:

Card: D-Link DWL-G510
Chipset: Marvell W8300
pciid: 11ab:1fa6
Driver: http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=WL-138G
Other: Works with WEP and WPA with TKIP cipher

However, and this I pointed out in my first email, this entry has a
Marvell chipset and the one I bought has Atheros. So much for trusting
model numbers...

Maybe I need to join list #40 and start askign ndiswrapper developers
questions about this...

Thanks,
Mark