Will Nvu work in RedHat 9

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Fri Nov 19 23:51:08 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 05:11, Chris A Czerwinski wrote:
> I inherited a Web Site that uses Dreamweaver, which I use on my XP and I
> am searching for something similar to use in Linux RedHat9 and someone
> suggested Nvu. I physically swap Hard Drives for my Linux and restart my
> OS - so Wine is not a solution.
>
> Nvu -  A complete Web Authoring System for Linux Desktop users as well
> as Microsoft Windows users to rival programs like  FrontPage and
> Dreamweaver.  Link: http://www.nvu.com/
>
> Will there be any problems  - If I were to download Nvu's Fedora 2.0
> version into RedHat 9?
>
> Has anyone tried it? Any other modules to watch out for and download?
>
> Or should I try the Tarball for Debian (k2.4) gcc/g++ 2.95.4 ?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks Chris Cz (advanced newbie)

Chris, download the source and build it. Your install will then be
tailored for your version of Linux. There will be docs with the source
explaining how to build it and if you do have problems someone here will
be able to help you. If I can do it anyone can.

Kind regards, Graeme Nichols.
novice was trying to fix a broken lisp machine by turning the power off
and on. Knight, seeing what the student was doing spoke sternly, "You
cannot fix a machine by just power-cycling it with no understanding of
what is going wrong." Knight turned the machine off and on. The machine
worked.