Will Nvu work in RedHat 9

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Fri Nov 19 23:57:49 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 07:29, Nathan Andrews wrote:
> Again - which is it better
>    (1) To UPGRADE    or
>    (2) Do a start fresh Install?
>
> Unless you have some things that you absolutely can't get back after
> the fact. I personally recommend a fresh install every time.
>
> But, that could be from my original Windows background, where we said
> that even if you DID have stuff you couldn't get back.

Nathan, in my humble opinion a fresh install is always better if you are
upgrading from a version several releases old AND you are able to backup
your data to a location you are absolutely sure you can restore it from.

That being said I 'upgraded' from RH8 to FC2 without much difficulty.
The only thing to remember is that FC2 uses xorg's X. Also you could run
into problems with the 2.6 kernel. I struck several. But I am very happy
with my FC2 install all things considered.

Kind regards, Graeme Nichols.