RPMBuild error

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Sat Nov 20 01:17:51 UTC 2004

Roger Harrell wrote:
>> Gee, hmmm.  I was looking at an FC1 system.  Lessee...no, libgcc is the
>> RPM that supplies it on RH7.3 so I guess it's the same for you.  Try
>>
>>     ls /lib/libgcc_s*
>>
>> and see if that library actually exists on your system.  If not, you may
>> need to install a different RPM, but which one it would be I don't know.
>> If it does exist, you may need to do an "ldconfig -v" and watch the
>> output to see if the library gets processed.
>>
>> I get:
>> /lib/libgcc_s-3.2.2-20030225.so.1
>> /lib/libgcc_s.so.1
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Hmmm.  That looks OK to me.  Did you do an "ldconfig -v" yet?  If not,
>> try "ldconfig -v | grep libgcc" and verify the library is seen by the
>> linker.
>

> ldconfig -v | grep libgcc
>         libgcc_s.so.1 -> libgcc_s-3.2.2-20030225.so.1
>
> ???
> Looks like it's seeing it, so why would it fail?

I don't know unless, for some odd reason, "/lib" is being omitted from
the link command line.  Seems rather odd.  Could you repost the last
few lines of the build, especially the one that contains the "ld"
command?

We're closing in, Roger, we're closing in.
-   The light at the end of the tunnel is really an oncoming train.  -