sound card detection problem

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 02:17:35 UTC 2004

I think that sndconfig is an OSS program possibly? I've not heard of
it for Alsa. Presuming that he wants to use Alsa, then alsaconf is the
right place to start. However I have not heard of his sound chip
before. I do not know if it's supported by Alsa so he'll just have to
experiment a bit. Possibly it just uses the normal Intel driver. Not
sure.

If he's interested in audio on Redhat/FC then he should check out the
PlanetCCRMA site. It's far and away the easiest way to get sound
working well on these distros.

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/