Camera Help

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Nov 22 23:58:54 UTC 2004

brad.mugleston at comcast.net wrote:
> Did "rpm -Uvh gphoto*"  and got an already installed.

First, try "rpm -qa | grep gphoto" to see what's installed.  Try to do
a "freshen" via "rpm -Fvh --force gphoto*" as root.

> fdisk -l /dev/sda  listed nothing.

Interesting.  Does dmesg indicate the device was seen?  If it's like
my Canon, you must either open the lens cover or press the menu button
on the back to turn on the camera first, or the system won't see it.

> I downloaded the manuals and the USB Camera HowTo so I looks like
> I have some reading to do.
>
> Question - USB is supported under Red Hat 9 right?

Yes, it is.
-   "I was remembering the immortal words of Socrates when he said,  -
-   'I drank what?'"                 -- Val Kilmer in "Real Genius"  -