compaq proliant 1600

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:30:31 UTC 2004

After rebooting my machine I look on my /var/log/messages for any
reason that caused my machine to stop responding and only sw this
messages:

pasay modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-10-134
pasay modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-0
pasay modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-0-3

I dont have any sound card in my machine, and it hungs every now and then
any hint?

Toto,
   These look like Alsa driver messages saying they cannot find a
sound card. I'm guessing that there may be some default messages in
/etc/modules.conf. If you're not using sound then you can just comment
them out.

   If they truly cause a machine to hang at boot time then it seems as
if there is a bug that needs reporting, either to the Alsa developers
or to someone else.

With best regards,
Mark