Mozilla/application/x-java-vm problem - More Info

Thomas Walter tbw at geo.hunter.cuny.edu
Wed Oct 6 18:03:54 UTC 2004

Thank you very much to Kiryl Hakhovich, Scott and Iban Nieto Castillero
for their quick responses. I hit a wall again so here's some more info.

I have a Fedora 2 machine that came with Mozilla 1.6. I installed
j2re-1_4_2_05-linux-i586.rpm.

I made the following link in the plugin dir:

[root at nimbus plugins]# pwd
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
[root at nimbus plugins]# ll
total 28
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    22 Sep 27 15:30 jre1.3.1_13 ->
/usr/java/jre1.3.1_13/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    60 Sep 27 15:32 libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
/usr/java/jre1.3.1_13/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 22320 Apr  7 13:40 mozplugger.so
[root at nimbus plugins]#

The Mozilla "Help" "About Plug-ins" menu lists MozPlugger 1.5.2. The web
docs I've found leave me stranded....... still get the following error
message when I go to the problem web page:

This page contains information of a type (application/x-java-vm) that can
only be viewed with the appropriate plugin.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas Walter
Geography & Computer Science Departments
Hunter College of the City University of New York
695 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10021

(212)772-5457 Office
(212)772-5268 Fax