Mounting windows partition

administrator tootai admin at tootai.net
Thu Oct 14 08:26:28 UTC 2004

Kostas Sfakiotakis a écrit :

> [...]
>

>> Extract from my fstab
>>
>> /dev/hda1               /dos            vfat
>> defaults,users,gid=6,umask=7            0 0
>> /dev/fd0                /floppy         auto
>> users,noauto                            0 0
>> /dev/cdrom              /cdrom          iso9660
>> ro,users,auto                           0 0
>

> The only thing is that the cdrom will never get mounted at boot time
> unless there is a cdrom in the cdrom drive , same deal for  the floppy .
> The magic here is the word "auto" which says automatically mount the
> device specified in the first column  to the mount point specified in the
> second column .

You tried to mound cdrom or floppy without support inside? You can't. If
you check my sample, the "magic" word auto is there for cd and only work
if cd is inserted (I always have the same CD inserted, so that's ok for
me). Floppy is not automatically mounted, so I can leave one in the
driver without being bored by a mount stage. If you want to have it
automagically mounted when you insert floppy or cd, take a look at
autofs/automount.

--
Daniel