RedHat 9 install cannot open root device and kernel panic

Allen, Catherine callen at skandia.de
Tue Oct 19 13:00:43 UTC 2004

Rick Stevens wrote:

> Have you checked HP's site for any special driver disks for your system?

Yes, I have - there are not any.

My problem is that the standard driver does not appear to be available to
the installation program.  None of my team have seen this before on DL380s.

> It should see it without a noprobe.

Yes, the CDROM can be seen without a noprobe -- but the disks can't.

Using "noprobe" was so that I could specify which drives and driver to use.

So the install can see EITHER the cdrom OR the hard drives.

> check the other three consoles

Attempting to get to the other consoles failed.  (nothing happened - no
other window)

Thanks for your help.
Catherine.