isolation

roland brouwers roland at cat.be
Sat Oct 23 19:59:23 UTC 2004

> Now that I have you on line, a little other question:
> How can I change the Timezone for the server and for the user?

The easiest way is, as root, use "redhat-config-time".  Tbis is the
same tool that was used initially if you installed in GUI mode.

When it comes up, click on the "Timezone" tab and select your desired
timezone.

Okt the 23th:

I did what you suggested and put the server on timezone: Paris.
When I login with the user roland I get a time 7 hours less.
I mean, if I get out of my program to the shell, the date command
delivers the right time. Back into my program I get 7 hours less.
Isn't there a variable, in bash_profile, which can be set to the correct
timezone.