fc2 install CD

Ted Potter tpotter at techmarin.com
Thu Oct 28 20:49:04 UTC 2004

Greetings,

I feel very foolish but I have tried to follow the information and am
failing miserably.

*sigh* would some kind soul be willing to walk this idiot through all
the steps needed to make a bootable install cd for fedora 2

I have downloaded the iso images. I have used the checksum utility to
verify them. I have attempted to burn the iso image to a cd. I must be
missing some step at this point.

I can mount the cd and see all the wonderful stuff on it. I can even
mount the iso image from the hard drive :-) but not one of my computers
consider these cd's bootable.

It must be that little step I am missing and can not figure out. I burn
data / music cd's all the time. I can happily install RH9 cd's that I
purchased on the same machine. Yet my home made cd's refuse to be
bootable.

Pity this fool and if successful I promise I will make a HOW TO that
will eliminate this question ever needing to be answered again.

How about that ?

Thanks !

--
Ted Potter