.prx files

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Sep 3 22:01:01 UTC 2004

Fred Grant wrote:
> I'm accumulating the above files in my home directory.  Does anyone know
> what they are?
>
> .prx0Wbh8A                         .prx2MMzOz
> .prx6LcHVo
> .prxdQChbw                              .prxEn6jXa
>  .prxIHKZrc
> .prxKheaLr
> .prxqnp9dY                              .prxU6DNY0
>
> The above are some examples.  They seem to be small binary files.

Not a clue.  They look like they may be due to some GUI program you
run periodically.  Try "strings .oneofthefiles" and see if there are
any printable strings in them that may give you (and us) a clue as to
what program made them.
-         It is better to have loved and lost.  Cheaper, too!        -