Will not fully boot

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Sep 7 22:48:28 UTC 2004

Otto Haliburton wrote:

> [...]

You can also bypass that by using the interactive boot mode.  When the
system first starts listing the services, hit "I" a bunch of times
(capital "I").  This will start the interactive boot.  For each service,
the system will ask you if you want to start it.  Answer "y" for each
one EXCEPT for "network services".  Answer "n" to that one.  Once you're
past that, you can answer "a" (all), and the rest will start up.

The odds are that your modem got turned off or went blooey during the
power failure.  You can unplug it or remove it from the system to get
past this also.
-          Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.           -