Linking, etc.

Fred Grant fdgrant at powercom.net
Thu Sep 9 20:22:31 UTC 2004

I have to hard drives, one has RH9 and the other a lightweight distro of
FC1.  I was able to link my JRE on my lightweight Fedora1 drive to my
RH9 drive.  This got me to wondering how or if programs on one drive
might be run from a different drive?  I get segmentation errors if I try
to run, say the RH9 evolution, from the Fedora drive.  When I'm using
Fedora I have the RH9 drive mounted at /mnt/hd.  I was contemplating
mounting RH9 on a folder in my home directory but I thought I'd best get
some advice from some real computer gurus first.

Thanks