Create custom bootable CD

Waldher, Travis R Travis.R.Waldher at boeing.com
Thu Sep 16 22:32:02 UTC 2004

www.knoppix.org is one option for an already built one that will
probably work.  But I don't get what your problem would be.  Reload the
OS on the computer and copy everything back you need.  Because unless
you are using Ghost, Drive Image or DD to create image backups of the
computers, you aren't gaining anything from the approach your taking.

Btw - Hard Drives are NOT backup devices.  There are only two types, the
ones that have failed and the ones that will.  Is your data worth a tape
drive and some tapes?  I know of NO business where it isn't.