Gnome-Terminal

sg at pobox.com sg at pobox.com
Fri Sep 17 04:25:24 UTC 2004

On Thursday 16 September 2004 21:53, Rick Stevens wrote:
> sg at pobox.com wrote:
> > Sir,
> >
> > I have RedHat Linux 9.0 and i have two user saroj and sarojm
> > when user sarojm run gnome-terminal it will run without problem but when
> > user saroj run gnome-terminal then it will display warning owner of
> > /tmp/orbit-sarojm is not current user.
>
> Is the GUI user sarojm?  If so, how are you starting gnome-terminal as
> user saroj?

I have create shortcut for both user because we have a program which is run in
gnome-terminal and the shortcut file exist in saroj and sarojm home directory
and contents of this file is

gnome-terminal --geometry=80x25 --command=overseas --title=Overseas

here overseas is a program and this program required 25 row thats why i have
use geometry because by default gnome-terminal run in 24 row when user sarojm
run this shortcut then it will not create any problem bust when user saroj
run this shortcut then it will display above mention werning message.

Rajeev.