PERL on RH9

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Sep 21 21:50:15 UTC 2004

Bob McClure Jr wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 11:40:47AM -0700, Vaibhav Deshpande wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>How would I check if my RH9 has PERL installed on it?
>

> rpm -q perl

Or simply "perl -v".  If you get something like "This is perl, v5.8.3",
you've got it.

>>If it is not, how shall I install it?
>

> Insert your distribution disk 1 into the CD drive, and as root,
>
>   mount /dev/cdrom
>   rpm -ivh /mnt/cdrom/Re*/R*/Perl-5*
>
> or look through your menus for something about installing packages.

"RedHat Icon->System Settings->Add/Remove Applications" or, as root,
"redhat-config-packages"

> See
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/getting-started-guide/s1-updating-pkgs-cdrom.html
-      Batteries not included.  Offer not valid in some states.      -
-           Your mileage may vary.  Void where prohibited.           -