Router Problem

Ted Potter tpotter at techmarin.com
Sun Apr 3 05:48:52 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 21:28, brad.mugleston at comcast.net wrote:
> No replies on this ---- Any guesses?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad Mugleston, KI0OT
>
> There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
> understand binary and those that don't.
>
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 brad.mugleston at comcast.net wrote:
>
> > I installed a Motorola (WR850) wireless router into my existing
> > home nextwork system (Linksys BEFSR41).  Everything seemed to
> > work fine until I upgraded my wireless noteboot to Linux (FC2).
> > Everything still seems to work OK but I couldn't access my
> > printer.  I wasn't too concerned as I didn't need to print much
> > but I've been messing with it and I've discoverd the following.
> >
> > I can ping the Motorola (192.168.1.2) and I can ping the Linksys
> > (192.168.1.1) but I can't ping any of the other computers (all
> > hooked up to the Linksys).  This is probably why I can't find a
> > printer to print to or share files.
> >
> > I'm sure it's probably a permission on the Linksys (guessing
> > that's where I stop at) but looking at the manual I don't see
> > what is wrong.
> >
> > Has anyone seen/solved this problem?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Brad Mugleston, KI0OT
> >
> > There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
> > understand binary and those that don't.

just guessing but you have two routers both using the same ip block
space. So how does one router route to the other router. Wow, can't
believe I just typed that.
guess two: turn the wireless router in to a wireless access point.

trust me when I say I am guessing. Someone with network experience
should be able to squash my little guesses like bugs.

hth

--
Ted Potter
tpotter at techmarin.com