Samba and domains

John Dunn jdunn at sefas.com
Thu Apr 7 10:59:20 UTC 2005

I am having problems getting Samba to work on Red hat 9.

I want to add the linux server to the domain and access the linux
directories via my domain login on a Windows 2000 PC.

I want to replicate the setup I have on an AIX box. The aix smb.conf is
listed below. I have the same on linux.

I can see the linux server listed in the domain when I browse in windows,
but when I click on the icon for the server I get a message that the linux
server is notaccessible and the "network path is not found"

Any clues?

[global]
    netbios name = DEMO
    workgroup = DOMAIN
    security = domain
    encrypt passwords = yes
    wins support = yes

[4675]
    comment = For test only
    path = /home/sefas/director/opd4675/traffic
    read only = no
    guest ok = yes