LANG

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Apr 12 17:17:27 UTC 2005

Maria Cristina del Solar wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Rick Stevens wrote:
>

>>Maria Cristina del Solar wrote:
>>
>>>HI
>>>
>>>I need to change the variable LANG, actually:
>>>
>>>[root at dwapp root]# cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
>>>LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
>>>SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
>>>SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"
>>>
>>>I need the language spanish is supported, because I have an application
>>>that it does not show some characters.
>>>
>>>I have installed RH AS 3.0
>>
>>Try running "redhat-config-language" as the root user.
>

> I was executed "redhat-config-language", but only I have:
>
> English (USA)
>
> I believe that I must execute "redhat-config-kickstart" and select
> Spanish, but then I save the changes and reboot the machine, and then run
> "redhat-config-language" and select Spanish.
>
> I'm in the correct thing?

Sort of.  It looks like only the English language set was installed on
your machine and you to install the Spanish language system as well.

Grab your CDs and run "redhat-config-packages".  Select the Spanish
language set from that and install it.  THEN you can run
"redhat-config-language" and select Spanish.

-           grep me no patterns and I'll tell you no lines           -