Update 1 Beta question

Scott Mertens smertens at mho.com
Fri Apr 15 13:21:19 UTC 2005

I have been told by Redhat support that the drivers for my sound card
are not in my current release.  Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4
(Nahant)

I was also told they were included in Update 1 Beta which would be
supported for one month if applied.  Hopefully by that time the official
release would be out. In looking at the website it looks like a complete
reinstall of Linux?  I might be wrong on this, but when I added myself
to the beta list it took me to a page to download ISO's.

My question is to apply this update, do I need to burn ISO's and do a
complete re-install of RHES?  Or is there another way?

When I installed I did not care about sound as this is a server in a
workgroup.  However I am being asked if I can put an answering maching
on this Linux box, Yes the old Real-to-Real tape finally broke after 20
years!  and of course first I have to get sound working to play back
messages.

To that end if anyone is aware of any RH software that will answer phone
and take messages, let me know.

Thanks