help - AS3.0 issues

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Apr 15 21:20:15 UTC 2005

Dana Holland wrote:
> We tried to upgrade our 8.0 system to AS 3.0 today.  The upgrade
> appeared to work fine, but we're having a lot of issues.  At one point I
> wasn't even sure that the upgrade really worked because
> /etc/redhat-release still reports 8.0  But uname-a returns
> # uname -a
> Linux sts 2.4.21-4.EL #1 Fri Oct 3 18:13:58 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386
> GNU/Linux
>
> I'm not sure how redhat-release gets updated.  Does this sound like
> normal behavior?

Upgrades are problematical at best.  It is entirely possible that
redhat-release does not get modified during an upgrade.  Check
/etc/issue and see if it was updated (/etc/issue is displayed as part
of the login prompt on text consoles).

The kernel version indicates that, at least, the kernel was updated
("-EL" indicates "Enterprise Linux").
-          When all else fails, try reading the instructions.        -