School and Grades

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Wed Apr 20 22:49:38 UTC 2005

Just got midterm grades - looks like I need to block some IM and
what ever else it is the kids are using on the internet but I
still need to give them internet access for research.

I'm running a LinkSys router to my cable - I believe I figured
out how to block the whole access to the web by filtering the
private IP range of 192.168.1.100 through 254 but is it possible
to block the port IM uses (internet messinger and what ever else
is being used)?  I want to give them internet access but stop the
IM.

Also, does anyone know of a way to let them be on the internet
from XX:XX to YY:YY  with out my interventino using the LinkSys
Switch?

Thanks

Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
understand binary and those that don't.