How to set squid to authenticate by username/password on RH platform?

闫鹏 ( Yan Peng ) yanpeng at mx.cei.gov.cn
Mon Apr 25 08:43:40 UTC 2005

redhat-install-list:

I have set the parameters in the squid.conf as the below:

		auth_param basic program /home2/squid-2.5/libexec/ncsa_auth /home2/squid-2.5/etc/passwd
		auth_param basic children 5
		acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
		http_access allow password

And I compiled and installed ncsa_auth in the  directory of "/home2/squid-2.5/libexec"

Then I start the squid daemon process by the command: squid -D

I have set my IE visit INTERNET through this Squid proxy server, But it didn't work and there was not window poped to require username/password.

What should I do now?

By the way , how do I stop the squid daemon process except by kill?

Many thanks.

Yan Peng
yanpeng at mx.cei.gov.cn
2005-04-25